Friday, May 27, 2011

Bubbles, Bublé, and Bubbly

I like things in triplicate. Some things in triplicate I like A LOT J.  There is something profound and elusive about wanting, longing for these threefold experiences or items.

A few weeks ago, I booked the home for our much-needed vacation in July. The “us” in this outing will be The Hooligans, Triple M, and my good friend Señorita. There again: triplicate awesomeness!

We are going to the beach. I will not mention which beach but I will say it’s in the contiguous United States and it has an ocean surrounding it. I point out the latter because occasionally I forget oceans are a requirement for beaches. Ask Wistful. I asked her a couple of years ago what was the closest beach to her home. She lives in Kentucky. Those are the moments I tell myself “I really am smart”.

The same day I made the deposit for the vacation rental, I purchased an obscenely large bottle of bubbles. Now, don’t tell The Hooligans; I am saving those for vacation. In my minds eye, I want to skip through the sand with my white dress, (after a good tan, of course. Have you seen me! It’s scary.) and my long flowing hair in the wind while I blow bubbles everywhere. It was a bummer that I didn’t buy the cool bubbles that come in many colors like Joseph’s coat, but the boring ones. I WANT the colorful bubbles but I am not BRAVE like that. Moreover, I don’t want to be uberly annoying at the beach, only slightly annoying.

I like my mind’s eye. It has a lot of fun. Frankly, it seems to have more fun than I have some of the time. Also in my mind’s eye, Michael Bublé happens to be singing live at the restaurant that Triple M will take me to on our “date night”. He will sing “Haven’t Met You Yet”, and “Baby, You’ve Got What it Takes” along with “All I do is Dream of You”. Triple M will be wearing a light yellow linen shirt, of course, and a Panama hat. He looks dashing. For the record, he will be wearing pants too but he’ll be sitting therefore my mind’s eye has no idea what kind of pants they are. **Sigh**

I don’t drink alcohol but I truly feel that if I manage to make it to the beach (which is surrounded by an ocean), to skip through it blowing bubbles without getting pummeled and Michael Bublé happens to be singing while on my date with Triple M, this would deserve some bubbly.

We typically reserve the “bubbly” for special occasions. I say take time to celebrate the little things in life with those that are important to you. This, my friend, do in REAL life and not just in your mind’s eye. Nothing beats knowing in the now and not in the pretend.

No comments:

Post a Comment