Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Koala I am

One of the most ridiculous questions, in my opinion, that someone may be asked during an interview is “If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?” Even though I am appalled by this question (sorry, Triple M, my love), my answer is a Koala.

Aww. A Koala! They are so cute and cuddly. They have intriguing dark eyes and adorable noses. They are pudgy but not “fat”, well, that’s how I like to think about them and about me! Just like a Koala, my metabolic rate is somewhat slow, but I think that’s because I’m getting old L.Also like me, they like plants (I am a vegetarian), and look amazing behind bamboo. Their hair is fabulous often with chocolate-brown highlights in some areas. In tropical areas, they tend to be smaller than their counterparts are; I am Puerto Rican and short. I don’t understand though why we both eat mostly leaves and are still not a size four. They like “big guys” too. Well, in my case, let’s replace “big” with “tall”.

At one time, their brains filled the entire cranial cavity but like many humans, their brains are now smaller. I don’t know how big my brain is but I hope it takes a bit of the space in my rather large head. However, my very favorite part about the Koala is how their looks can be misleading. Sure, they are so superbly adorable. We forget about their large, sharp claws. When in distress, koalas cry loudly like babies. That all sounds very much like me.

There is no other point to this note than to say – I would be a Koala.

No comments:

Post a Comment